The perfect plan for Valentine's Day
Didn't plan anything yet? Flowers are nice, but is the food that makes us fall in love <3
Ok, let’s be honest, V Day does not always tend to go as planned. But that’s OK because what matters the most is spending it with special people you love and who love you back. While being on a romantic getaway, many of us consider that restaurant reservations can get complicated and overbooked, so why stress out over a simple thing like dinner?
Here, to help you inspire your plans, we came up with the idea of Spanish traditional wine, cheese, and charcuterie tasting board for Valentines Day! A perfect way to embrace the culture and the holiday.
Top three meets your charcuterie board can’t miss:
1. Jamón Ibérico de Bellota: is a type of cured ham produced in Spain, This is the most important thing that should include your board.
2. Chorizo: In Europe, chorizo is a fermented, cured, smoked sausage, which may be sliced and eaten without cooking, or added as an ingredient to add flavor to other dishes. This is a MUST have appetizer when having Spanish food.
3. Salchichón or Fuet: Salchichón is a thing, dry cured sausage of pork meat very much consumed in Spain. The most famous salchichón in Catalunya is fuet. We highly recommend having both types in your charcuterie board
Our best Cheeses:
1. Queso Manchego: is a hard-pressed cheese from the Spanish region of Castilla la Mancha, and is characterized for having reduced water content.
2. Quesos Cabrales: is a blue cheese made in the artisan tradition by rural dairy farmers in Asturias, Spain. Is characterized by its strong smell and taste.
3. Queso Maderado de Cabra: Like any good soft-paste goat cheese, it has an unmistakable smell. It has a light brown crust with grayish tones. It comes from the Catalan region and can be considered one of the best in the world
To be honest, any wine from The Rioja region is our go-to option, feel free to pick any.
However, if you are looking for something more local, we recommend you any wine from the Penedès region, these are the most famous wine in Catalunya.
The great news is that our apartments have a fully equipped kitchen and a romantic relaxed style living room to complete your Valentine’s Day intimate dinner!