Best tips to prepare a perfect traditional Spanish Sangria
Learn to make the best sangria you'll ever have!
Who said Sangria should be a drink only consumed during summer? I mean, besides the fact that is a traditional, refreshing and light beverage, this is a best-selling cocktail in most Spanish bars and restaurants every day of the year; for that reason, it is a MUST when visiting Barcelona.
This drink is not just a combination of wine, spices, and fruit, but the Sangria is the result of a gastronomic tradition recognized throughout the world, and despite being probably the most changing Spanish cocktail in history, the original recipe is very simple and economical to make.
The great news is that our apartments have fully equipped kitchen, where you can prepare the Traditional Spanish Sangria yourself during vacation, here we share our unique and favorite recipe for the Original sangria,
Let's start with the ingredients:
- A bottle of red wine (expensive wine is not necessary)
- 500ml of freshly squeezed orange juice (4 or 5 oranges will make it)
- Lemon juice
- Cinnamon sticks
- Favorite fruits to spice it up: (our favorites are green apple, orange, strawberries, and peach)
- A glass of cold water or ice cubes, (not chopped, it's not a mojito!)
- * if you like it a sweet you can add: a tablespoon of sugar (20 grams) or 6 drops of liquid sweetener (this is totally optional.)
1. Wash the fruit and cut it into pieces (Don't peel the skin)
2. In a large jar, put all the ingredients together and let them rest for at least two hours to three before consuming.
3. When serving it, it must be very cold. Place in a large glass some pieces of fruit, the ice and, finally, the sangria.
4. Enjoy the perfect sangria in the best company!